Please read the booking agreement carefully. When you sign the booking form you (and any other person on whose behalf you book) agree to accept all of these conditions, you acknowledge that you have read the relevant trip details and understand the nature of the trip.
Below are the details of the terms and conditions of the booking agreement. Please read them carefully. When you sign the booking form you (and any other person on whose behalf you book) agree to accept all of these conditions, you acknowledge that you have read the relevant trip details and understand the nature of the trip. You also warrant that the information given by you on the booking form is complete and true. A contract will exist as soon as we issue you our confirmation invoice. Note that we will not issue a confirmation invoice, and therefore no contract will exist, until we receive a fully-completed and signed booking form and a $500 non-refundable deposit for each and every member of any party. One World Trekking, Inc., is marketing and selling its own adventure trips and, in some cases, those of its overseas agents. Our overseas agents are responsible for all logistics and making all in-country arrangements for each and every trip. One World Trekking, Inc., is providing trip consultation to make sure you get on the right trip for your experience and physical abilities.
1. A non-refundable deposit of $500 for each person must be sent with the booking form. The deposits are non-refundable as we must pay our overseas agents this money to reserve your place(s) on the trip. We will, however, transfer your deposit(s) to another trip within the same calendar year. The balance of the tour price is due for payment 2 calendar months before the departure date. If you book less than 8 weeks before the departure date, full payment must be received before the booking can be accepted. If the balance is not paid in time we reserve the right to cancel your spot on the trip, and apply the cancellation charges outlined below.
2. Unless stated otherwise, our trips with set group departure dates have been costed based on a minimum group size. If this minimum is not reached and you still wish to go, we will contact our overseas agent to get a new price for a smaller group size. Typically, this will be a 5% increase over the regular trip price. Otherwise, we will cancel your trip. If we cancel your trip, your deposit(s) is fully refundable or we can transfer it over to another trip. Currently, we accept payment by credit card via our secure PayPal link. Payment is also accepted by personal check, cashier's check and wire transfer for deposits and final balances.
3. If you wish to switch to a different trip once confirmation has been issued, notification must be received at least 8 weeks before the departure date, and be accompanied by a payment of $100 to cover administration costs. This extra cost will still apply if we are unable to make the changes you have requested. Changes made within 8 weeks of departure will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and the cancellation charges outlined below will apply.
4. If you wish to cancel your trip, this must be done in writing by the person whose name the trip is invoiced to. If we receive notice of the cancellation with more than 75 days to go before the departure date you will merely forfeit your deposit. After that date you will be liable for the following cancellation charges: (a) between 60 days and 75 days before the departure date: 50% of the trip price. (b) less than 60 days before the departure date: 100% of the trip price. Please note that if the reason for cancellation falls within the terms of your insurance policy, then any such charges will normally be refunded to you by the insurance company. The insurance premium is usually forfeited upon cancellation.
5. For our trips with set group departure dates, we reserve the right, in any circumstance to cancel your trip. However, in no case will we cancel your trip less than 4 weeks before the scheduled departure date. If we do cancel your trip, an alternative trip of a similar standard will be offered to you. If this is not acceptable any money paid by you will be refunded. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage arising out of any cancellation on any account whatsoever. This clause does not apply to any custom trips with private departure dates.
6. We will take all necessary precautions to make sure your baggage and personal effects are properly looked after while on trek. However, all baggage and personal effects are at all times at your risk, even when carried by porters. We will not be responsible for any loss, damage or accident to any luggage and property even when carried by porters or support vehicles. Please keep your baggage locked.
7. It is in the nature of a trip of this kind that arrangements and participants have to be flexible. The day to day agenda and ultimate goal of the trip are taken as aims and not as contractual obligations. It is a necessary condition of your joining any of our trips that you accept this flexibility, and that you also accept that we can not be held responsible for delays or alterations in the program, or for expenses incurred, due to international or internal flight cancellations, automobiles and other means of conveyance, strikes, sickness, weather and other forces of nature, war, quarantine, force major, political closures and disputes. You will be responsible for any such expenses incurred, which, depending on the circumstances, may be recoverable on your insurance.
- Next >>