Effective Date: June 11, 2018
Introduction.This Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") is designed to provide information about One World Trekking’s ("One World Trekking", "we", "our" or "us") privacy and data collection practices for the One World Trekking website (the “Service”) or any online location that posts a link to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement does not cover any information collected at any other websites, mobile applications, or services (unless specifically stated on the website, mobile application, or service). Please review this Privacy Statement carefully.
Key Points to Know
We fully describe our privacy practices below in this Privacy Statement. This summary highlights some important information regarding our use and sharing of your information.
- We may use the information we collect to provide you with customized trips. We may also use your information internally for product development, customer service, and research purposes.
- We do not sell or share any of your personal information outside our company without your permission unless required by law or in the other limited circumstances spelled out in this Statement.
- We take steps to help safeguard the information you provide to us, however we cannot guarantee it will be 100% secure.
Active Collection of Personal Information.In order that you may access the Service, we may ask you to provide personal information when you access, communicate with or otherwise interact with the Service. "Personal Information" is information that can be used, whether alone or in combination, to identify a specific individual. Examples of Personal Information we may collect through the Service include, without limitation: first and last name, phone number, email address, home address and passport details.
Passive Collection of Information.In addition to the Personal Information that you actively provide to us, we and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies to automatically collect certain information about your use of the Service ("Usage Information"). This information may include demographic information, IP address, browser type and operating system characteristics. The methods that we may use to automatically collect such information may include the following:
- Data Analytics
Our website uses third-party web analytics services, such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics, to help us analyze how visitors use the Service. To learn more about opting out of data collection through Google Analytics, click here.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a "Do Not Track" signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, our website is not designed to respond to "Do Not Track" signals received from browsers. To learn more about "Do Not Track" signals, click here.
Certain third parties may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Service. To the extent that we combine Usage Information and Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
Information We Receive From Third Parties.We may, from time to time, obtain supplemental information about you from third party sources. When we associate information that we obtain from third parties with Personal Information that we have collected under this policy, we will treat the acquired information like the Personal Information that we collected ourselves. We will not share information we obtain from third parties in personally identifiable form. However, we may share aggregated, de-identified, non-Personal Information as described in this policy, including information we obtained from third parties.
Use of Personal Information.We may use the information we obtain about you to better understand user behavior; to determine what the most popular trips are; to optimize searches; facilitate your ability to log in to the Service, and manage your use of the Service; provide products or services to you; send you product or service information; perform administrative functions and complete business processes (including customer support); notify you as may be necessary; operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer; protect against and prevent fraud, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure; comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies; perform research, surveys, and product analysis and development; tailor the Service and communications to deliver a better or new experience to you; and other purposes described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement or for which we have obtained your consent.
Information Sharing.We do not share or sell your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information and Usage Information with third parties. We may also share your Personal Information, Usage Information, or other information with third parties with your consent, as disclosed at the time you provide us with information, or as described below or elsewhere in this Privacy Statement:
- Service Providers.We may share Personal Information with third parties who have been retained to carry out or provide support to our business operations. These service providers are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance and are required to protect Personal Information collected by them on behalf of One World Trekking or disclosed to them by One World Trekking and to comply with the general privacy principles described in this Privacy Statement.
- Third Party Data Suppliers.We may share your name and Personal Information with third party data suppliers in order to obtain supplemental information about you for our internal research and product development purposes. We will not use information collected from you directly or received from third party data suppliers for marketing purposes. We also prohibit third party data suppliers from using your Personal Information for their own marketing purposes.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons.We may also disclose your information in response to a subpoena, warrant, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law; to defend our rights; in response to a request from law enforcement regarding an investigation into criminal activity that may have occurred through or in any way using the Service; to provide information to a claimed owner of intellectual property, and/or to protect the personal safety, rights, property or security of any organization or individual. These disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- Business Transitions.We may share information we have collected with any parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. One World Trekking reserves the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Service, including Personal Information, if it goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process or bankruptcy.
Social Features.When you use the Service, certain elements of your Personal Information and certain information about your use of the Service may be accessible to other users of the Service and to the public. Certain functionality on the Service may also permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and a third party website or service ("Social Features"). Examples of Social Features include enabling you to "like" or "share" Service content to other websites or services; and to otherwise connect Service websites to a third party website or service. If you choose to use Social Features, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Service or by the provider of the Social Feature that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third party platform that references the Service, your post may be published on the Service in accordance with the terms of the third party website or service. Also, both One World Trekking and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Service and the third party site or service. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their "connections," or information about you is otherwise accessible through your "connections’" web pages, profile pages, or similar pages on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service. The information we collect in connection with Social Features is subject to this Privacy Statement. The information collected and stored by the third party remains subject to the third party’s privacy practices, including whether the third party continues to share information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices with regard to what is visible to others on that third party website or service.
Children's Privacy.The Service is not directed at children younger than the age of 13. If we learn that a user is younger than 13 years of age, we will promptly delete any Personal Information that the individual has provided to us.
Security.We take commercially reasonable security measures to help protect your information, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of electronic transmission or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you submit and you do so at your own initiative and risk.
Consent to Transfer Information.The Service is operated in the United States. By using the Service or providing us with any information through the Service, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in United States.
Third Party Links.The Service may contain links to websites, features and functionality controlled by third parties. Those websites and services may automatically collect information about your visit to their sites and may use their own tracking technologies, including cookies. Those websites and services are subject to the privacy policies of the third parties that control those websites, and not this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to check the privacy policies of such third party websites and services before using them or disclosing any Personal Information to them.
Changes to this Statement.One World Trekking may from time to time and without prior notice revise this Privacy Statement. Any changes will be effective immediately when the revised statement is posted on the Service, unless stated otherwise. If changes are made, we may provide you additional notice, including to your email address.
Notice to EU Data Subjects.
Sensitive Data.Some of the information you provide us may constitute sensitive data as defined in the GDPR, including identification of your race or ethnicity on government-issued identification documents.
Legal Bases for Processing.One World Trekking is required to collect certain information from its users, including some information that may be considered sensitive data, to comply with its obligations under applicable laws. We only use your personal information as permitted by law. We are required to inform you of the legal bases of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the table below. If you have questions about the legal bases under which we process your personal information, contact us at [email protected]
To provide our service
Our processing of your personal information is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the One World Trekking service or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the Service.
To communicate with you
These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impacts on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by any adverse impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
To comply with law
We use your personal information to comply with applicable laws, including requirements for government-issued identification for purposes of international travel.
With your consent
Where our use of your personal information is based upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated in the Service or by contacting us at [email protected].
Retention.We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information you have provided, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can be no longer associated with you), in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Rights.Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Opt-out.Stop sending you direct marketing communications which you have previously consented to receive. We may continue to send you Service-related and other non-marketing communications.
- Access.Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct.Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete.Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object.Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email to [email protected]. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us at [email protected]or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Contacting Us.If you have questions, suggestions, or complaints about this Privacy Statement or One World Trekking’s privacy practices, send an email to [email protected], or write to:
One World Trekking
PO Box 3084
Aspen, CO 81612
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by One World Trekking, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your oneworldtrekking.com Account and Site. If you create a blog/site on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and One World Trekking may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause One World Trekking liability. You must immediately notify One World Trekking of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. One World Trekking will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to
the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material
available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for
the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the
Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content
available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog's URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by One World Trekking or otherwise.
By submitting Content to One World Trekking for inclusion on your Website, you grant One World Trekking a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, One World Trekking will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, One World Trekking has the right (though not the obligation) to, in One World Trekking's sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in One World Trekking's reasonable opinion, violates any One World Trekking policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in One World Trekking's sole discretion. One World Trekking will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay One World Trekking the one-time and/or monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). Subscription payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Payments are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify One World Trekking before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time by submitting your request to One World Trekking in writing.
- General Terms.
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Services account you agree to pay One World Trekking the applicable setup fees and recurring fees. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established and in advance of using such services. One World Trekking reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Services can be canceled by you at anytime on thirty (30) days written notice to One World Trekking.
- Support. If your service includes access to priority email support. "Email support" means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by One World Trekking to respond within one business day) concerning the use of the VIP Services. "Priority" means that support takes priority over support for users of the standard or free oneworldtrekking.com services. All support will be provided in accordance with One World Trekking standard services practices, procedures and policies.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. One World Trekking has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Website, One World Trekking does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. One World Trekking disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which oneworldtrekking.com links, and that link to oneworldtrekking.com. One World Trekking does not have any control over those non-One World Trekking websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-One World Trekking website or webpage, One World Trekking does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. One World Trekking disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-One World Trekking websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As One World Trekking asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by oneworldtrekking.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify One World Trekking in accordance with One World Trekking's Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Policy. One World Trekking will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. One World Trekking will terminate a visitor's access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of One World Trekking or others. In the case of such termination, One World Trekking will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to One World Trekking.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from One World Trekking to you any One World Trekking or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with One World Trekking. One World Trekking, oneworldtrekking.com, the oneworldtrekking.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with oneworldtrekking.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of One World Trekking or One World Trekking's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any One World Trekking or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. One World Trekking reserves the right to display advertisements on your blog unless you have purchased an ad-free account.
- Attribution. One World Trekking reserves the right to display attribution links such as 'Blog at oneworldtrekking.com,' theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar.
- Partner Products. By activating a partner product (e.g. theme) from one of our partners, you agree to that partner's terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating the partner product.
- Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
- Changes. One World Trekking reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify
or replace any
part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your
continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes
acceptance of those changes. One World Trekking may also, in the future, offer new services and/or
through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services
shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. One World Trekking may terminate your access to all or any part of
the Website at
any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate
this Agreement or your oneworldtrekking.com account (if you have one), you may simply
Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be
terminated by One World Trekking if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such
thirty (30) days from One World Trekking's notice to you thereof;
provided that, One World Trekking can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut
down of our
service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive
termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and
limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is". One World Trekking and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither One World Trekking nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will One World Trekking, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to One World Trekking under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. One World Trekking shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless One World Trekking, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between One World Trekking and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of One World Trekking, or by the posting by One World Trekking of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Aspen, Colorado, U.S.A.. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. ("JAMS") by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Aspen, Colorado, U.S.A., in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; One World Trekking may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.